Know the lastest changes in Chooseyourplant
I'm constantly adding new functionalities and/or content to Chooseyourplant and I want you to know it. Here, I'll share the most important stuff so you can track how the community is being improved almost every day.
If you want me to add a new feature, more information, add a new plant or something else, you can let me know your thoughts about this community.
- Read geolocation data in Google Analytics to understand better where are users from. This will allow Chooseyourplant to create relevant content for them.
- Create a community in slack.
- Added 6 new images of Aspidistra Elatior Milky Way.
- Added 9 new images of Aspidistra Elatior.
- Added 15 new images of Sansevieria Trifasciata Bantels Sensation.
- Added 11 new images of Monstera Adansonii Variegata.
- Added 6 new images of Monstera Deliciosa.
- Added a new images of Epipremnum Aureum.
- Created the thumbnail for social cards when we share the lastest page on social like twitter or facebook.
- Increased the tappable zone of the links related to plants placed in the footer for accessibility purposes.
I want people to know how much effort I'm improving chooseyourplant
- Created lastest page.
- Added a new image of Sansevieria Trifasciata Moonshine.
I want people to discover lovely and trusty places to find plants online 🧡! The goal of creating a shared excel to write down shops is because I'm sure there are small shops that ship with all the passion and are not known, some are struggling economically and we can help them, you have a shop to promote or you trust an online shope and want to recommend it.
- Created a collaborative list of online plant shops recommended by the community.
- Added Monstera Peru to the community.
- Added Ceropegia Woodi Variegata to the community.
- Added Sansevieria Trifasciata Moonshine to the community.
I had the opportunity to explain to almost a hundred people that I'm building chooseyourplant to cover all the phases of a plant acquaintance 🌱. It means includes discover new plants, learn how to take care of them and buy them 💰!
- Talk about this amazing community to the Product hunt meetup in Barcelona, Spain.
- Added Sansevieria Trifasciata Black Robusta to the community.
- Reduced data consumption. Images are loaded only when are shown on the viewport.
- Load the low resolution images for small devices.
- Added Sansevieria Trifasciata Black Gold to the community.
- Added Sansevieria Trifasciata Black Dragon to the community.
- In the plant profile, we show all the images we have.
- Added links of the plants to some pages to improve the internal linking.
- Added Monstera Pinnatipartita to the community.
- Added to page of a plant video tutorials made by the community to learn how to take care of it.
- Added Ceropegia Woodi to the community.
- Added Sansevieria Trifasciata Black Coral to the community.
- Added Sansevieria Trifasciata Bantels Sensation to the community.
When someone shares a link in any social media such as Linkedin, Facebook or Twitter, your link might generate a preview or not. This is not a random thing, you need to add some meta tags to your page.
- Created a thumbnail image for the social cards when someone shared the home page and general links.
- Created a thumbnail too for "search page".
- Created a thumbnail too for "contact page".
- Created a thumbnail too for "supporters page".
- Created a thumbnail too for "help page".
- Created a thumbnail too for "sponsors page".
I want to allow people to give me feedback 🔄 or to express themselves whenever they want, so I can understand them and their needs, and build a product they like 👨💻 and that is useful for everyone 🤗!
- Added a "Give feedback box".
- Created a section mentioning the people who has contributed to chooseyourplant.
- Created the contributors page.
- Created the help page.
At Chooseyourplant we are looking for Sponsors so we can maintain the project alive and build a beautiful community of house plant lovers.
- Created the become a Sponsor page.
We all want to be sure all plants are OK for our children and pets. To do so, I created a filter for filtering toxic plants.
- Added a filters to search plants safe for cats, dogs and children.
- Added a thumbnail to the home page.
- Redesign the subscription box to get more sign ups.
- Added Google Analytics 📈 to the page.
Better shareability because of the human readability URL
- Created a user-friendly URL for the search page so it's more human readable.
Improved the performance metrics from 80 to 93 points.
- Reduced the size of the images.
- Started to use the picture html tag to load different extensions so the browser can load the most optimized.
- Added WebP images (new generation, better compression, less weight).
- Improved the accessibility of a couple of colors.
- Added alternative text to the logo.
- 🎨 Redesigned the header of the landing page.
- 🎉 Released the landing page.